Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pickels and brioche

Hmmmm farmers markets close soon, and farmers go to hibernate. Yesterday I pickled every vegetable in my apartment. I figure every thing can be pickled, sooooo I did turnips, eggplant, chiles, peppers, shallots, garlic, leeks, onions, carrots, and jalapenos. Can you tell it's autumn and it's the end of season.

Brioche, hmmm just wanted to make brioche because it makes me happy, me and my gal. Brioche may actually make her happier then it makes me, but it is so very satisfying to see/smell just baked brioche cooling.

Must keep cooking, feel compelled to feed the desire in my soul and the hunger in the bellies of others.

Pig head goes on brine tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Trevor Smith I'm glad we're friends on facebook. I look forward to more posts from you.
    I adore all things pickles. and sauerkraut. just letting you know!
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete