Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dinner party on friday

So I have a 3 pound bone in pork loin waiting for me tomorrow. The anticipation makes me excited. I haven't really cooked in a long while. I have been working on my projects and cooking my normal 2 am post baking shift suppers for the night owls of my life. But it's been a while since I have cooked Dinner (w/ a capitol D). To break bread, and breathe in the love of friends. To drink up conversations and satisfy my craving to share something so intimate as food.

A very wise man once told me that the only way to be closer to someone then cooking for them is to make love to them. Not sure those are the words he used, and not sure I have expressed it well but I think you get the essence. In reflection a portrait photographer can be quite close someone as well.

So a soup to start, I think a smokey bacon broth with mushrooms and apples, garnished with mustard oil and maybe some rye croutons.

No comments:

Post a Comment